Sleepless in California...Please HELP!

californiachick74

Songster
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Southern California
Dear Friends here at BYC....Im hoping somoeone here in California can help....I have a rooster that is mean. Ive been attacked one too many times now by him. No matter what I seem to do he continues to attack me. Im worried about my children. They can no longer roam free and play in the backyard thus because of me worring about them being attacked. I want to give him away. Anyone interested in a free rooster. My husband plans to take him tomorrow and do away with him somehow....please if you live in So cal. his time is up.....please contact me here or via my email. Pic will follow!

8314_roo_001.jpg

He is 1 years old and does a fantastic job protecting his hens.....just to territorial for my family
sad.png

Last edited:
I had one looking just like that who turned mean. Funny thing was that although he was big and strong, he was the least dominant of all my roosters, so he tried to take it out on me. As that line from Pretty Woman went 'mistake.... BIG mistake!' On his first attempt I gave him a swift kick, on the second attempt I granted my dog permission to work him over a little and by that evening, before the third attempt, he was donated to the gardener for chicken posole. End of story.

I have a golden comet roo and i would really like something closer to a game roo because i have 2 game hens i want a roo thats very protective because i live in an area that have quite a bit of natural preditors i wouls love to do a trade ! I'll take pictures of him tomorrow !
big_smile.png

Hubby says to show him that YOU are the dominate one. Maybe you could take a straw broom to him, just to show him not to mess with y'all. Hubby says you could try chasing him for a while, see if he gets the hint.

Quote:
Im actually very excited to see you post though I honestly can say to you that I am not interested in aquiring another roo. Your more than welcome to come here and take my roo home. I have no doubt that my roo will do the job that you want. My birds room freely on my property here in Menifee and he is always keeping track of all 10 of his hens. He is an amazing roo but he is too aggressive to me and my family. If your still interested, which I hope, please email me. I have an interest of someone who wants to come and pick him up off of craigslist but I have no doubt he will end up as dinner or as a fighter. Rather he end up with scenario such as yours.
Thanks
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom