Sleepy Babies *Pic*

Sparrow

Songster
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
I was letting my chicks run around outside their brooder(in my bedroom, on a blanket, on the floor) for some exercise and this is what they looked like when I put them back in:

SleepingChickens1Resize.jpg

^^From the left is my Ameracauna, Sparrow(I think she/he has a really pretty color pattern), my big White Rock roo-in-progress Buttercup(he is insanely sweet! He's a lap chicken.), Nightshade who is a beautiful Australorp-she's really special to me, Fleckerel is Nightshade 's brother and the "Main Man" around the brooder, and Ruby and Lucy my 2 Rhode Island Reds-they are very calm and friendly.

SleepingChickens2Resize.jpg

^^Now you can see Ruby up close, my White Leghorn, Simone(who said Leghorns are flighty? Mine are glued to my arms whenever the opportunity arises), Storm the Ameracauna who looks like a pheasant(she is being sat on by Simone), and is very ornery, and finally Vera, the other White Leghorn-she is tiny and fiesty!
big_smile.png

I know there wasn't much point in this post besides me showing off my cute 5-6 week old chickies. But, I love looking at your chickens so much I thought I would share mine too!

Last edited:
I really do feel like tucking them in every night..they are irresistable like that! It also makes me not exactly look forward to the day when they have to go outside.
sad.png
I kinda w ish I could keep them safe in my house every night.

I'm having separation anxiety already, and they're not going out for a few weeks yet.
hmm.png

Sparrow I hear you....I am awake again because I heard a ruckus out here. One of the girls stepped on another one and it was a chatter fest.

I got them all settled back down and find myself watching them sleep and walking over to check on them.

My daughter wants her chick to live in her bedroom forever. Because I will not let her have her way, I am the meanest mom in the world. My little SLW wants to be a house chicken too. They are all a mess and too cute. lol

I mean look at this chick and tell me how I am going to keep my daughter from living in the coop? This is the result of beak rubs on the futon yesterday. LOL

SandysnoozingSmall.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling that when they do go out, I might be sleeping in the coop for awhile... lol Or at least sleeping downstairs so I can run out the door when I hear something happening! ^^Your chickie looks like my Sparrow with more of the rusty color. It's very pretty.

Quote:
Hahahahaha I have been sleeping on the futon next to the brooder off and on for that last 2 weeks. They were in my bathroom next to my side of the bed and then they moved into the livingroom into my hot tub frame (spoiled ...yes). Since the move into the big brooder area, I find it is easier for me to sleep on the futon rather than keep getting up to walk out here.
lol.png

I gave up my hot tub for 6 girls...sheeesh I need to stamp "SUCKER" on my forehead...

HPIM2503_editedSmall.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom