sleepy baby quail?

I am not sure where to post questions so I'm just going to post it here.

there has been a quail family in my backyard and it has been living here they had 3 chicks and 2 of them were eaten by grackles. One survived and has been thriving for about a week and a half since then. But the parents abandoned the baby and left it lost on our porch. So I took it in and put in a crate with some dry hay and a towel with a lamp that can warm the area. it was running around for a couple of minutes then slowed down and fell asleep, I'm not sure if he is sleeping or scared or sick, injured and not really sure what to do. i love birds and have a cockatiel. i did some research on what to feed it but how do I know if it is hungry?? plz help!

I am not sure where to post questions so I'm just going to post it here.

there has been a quail family in my backyard and it has been living here they had 3 chicks and 2 of them were eaten by grackles. One survived and has been thriving for about a week and a half since then. But the parents abandoned the baby and left it lost on our porch. So I took it in and put in a crate with some dry hay and a towel with a lamp that can warm the area. it was running around for a couple of minutes then slowed down and fell asleep, I'm not sure if he is sleeping or scared or sick, injured and not really sure what to do. i love birds and have a cockatiel. i did some research on what to feed it but how do I know if it is hungry?? plz help!
Keep it warm (probably in the high 80's to low 90's). It needs game bird crumble or turkey starter for the necessary nutrients.

Can you post a picture?

Back
Top Bottom