Sleepy or lazy chick

mlonglong

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 27, 2014
Hi everyone, I have two layer hen chicks (a red and a black one, 2 weeks old). the red one just sleeps more than the other, i thought she had some disease, but she eats a lot and drinks normaly (she eats starter, hard boiled egg, insects, etc). Could it be just her personality? It seems strange for us because the black one is elecric and i had a few years ago two other chickens and they were also hyperactive at that age (compared to her).

Hi everyone, I have two layer hen chicks (a red and a black one, 2 weeks old). the red one just sleeps more than the other, i thought she had some disease, but she eats a lot and drinks normaly (she eats starter, hard boiled egg, insects, etc). Could it be just her personality? It seems strange for us because the black one is elecric and i had a few years ago two other chickens and they were also hyperactive at that age (compared to her).
Can you post some photos of your chicks and brooder set-up?
What does her poop look like?

Is the chick energetic when she's awake or is she somewhat lethargic and just goes through the motions of eating/drinking?

Some chicks can be more laid back than others. You can give her 1-2drops of Poultry Nutri-Drench for a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom