Sleepy Silkie... Should I Be Worried??? Kinda Freaking out!

greeneggchick15

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 10, 2013
I got my sweet little silkie 1 week ago and she has been so slow and sleepy. She eats and drinks and walks around but just slowly. She will walk to the feeder eat a bit and fall asleep in the food. I don't know if this is normal for a silkie. She loves to be held and will fall asleep in my hand. I'm very worried about her. What can I do to make sure she lives? I LOVE her! Oh and she is tiny compared to my other chicks that came last week even for a bantam. Any advice is welcome! FREAKED OUT!!

I got my sweet little silkie 1 week ago and she has been so slow and sleepy. She eats and drinks and walks around but just slowly. She will walk to the feeder eat a bit and fall asleep in the food. I don't know if this is normal for a silkie. She loves to be held and will fall asleep in my hand. I'm very worried about her. What can I do to make sure she lives? I LOVE her! Oh and she is tiny compared to my other chicks that came last week even for a bantam. Any advice is welcome! FREAKED OUT!!
Does she have poo stuck to her behind? Do you have grit in their brooder as well as chick feed?

No poo issue. She had that the first 2 days but I put a damp cloth on it and got it off. Hasn't happened again. I have grit but the bag says to give it at 2 weeks. They are 9 days old. Is it ok to give early?

Any other ideas? I am probably too attached to this week old baby but I can't help it! She is super sweet!

Unless anyone else here can give you some advice, I'd call a livestock vet. Not sure what they would tell you, I've was born and raised country and life on a farm can be tough....nature is nature, deal with death get over it, livestock aren't pets, etc. Surely though if you were seeking help they would attempt

Back
Top Bottom