1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Slight Humidity Drop??? WHY?!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FunnyBunnies12, Oct 25, 2010.

1. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Is it normal to have the humidity drop a bit during piping? I mean my humidity is still good, 81%, but I just noticed that it wants to fluctuate a bit. It's well up there, but it's kind of making me nervous because of all I've read about even a 1/2 percent humidity drop can't be good. Or maybe it was always that way, but normally it's been ranging 85%, I did add a bit of water this morning when I noticed, I didn't open it up, but poored a bit into the air holes of the hova bator. So, I'm just curious and trying to remember if it did the same thing with the last batch that piped. I know while they hatched and the moisture of the wet duckling made it rise to almost 90%. So, just keeping an eye on it. Temp seems to fluctuate a tad to, and I haven't done anything to disturb them.

2. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Some fluctuation is fine. A lot is a problem. Just don't let it go below 70%. Also always use 100 degree water when topping off.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by