Slightly Sunken Foamy Eye with Pink Membranes (Photo)

Do you also treat them with Terramycin? It has been 2 months she has that in her eye… I hope it will clear up soon.
Sorry I didn’t read that part. Mine have always gone away before I’ve worked out a treatment, I always have trouble sourcing medication for birds. Looking at the picture again yours looks more extreme than anything I’ve had, maybe it’s not the same but similar.
Sorry this isn’t much help.

The foamy eye with conjunctivitis could be mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG,) a chronic respiratory disease. I would try to get Tylosin or Tiamulin/Denagard from a vet near you if more serious symptoms or eyelid swelling occur. Those will treat MG. Rinse the eye with sterile saline. Terramycin eye ointment is oxytetracycline, and your vet may prescribe that or erythromycin eye ointment. Chloramphenicol eye drops can treat MG conjunctivitis as well. The eye drops will not treat the other symptoms of MG.

Reminds me of my Sweetie girl - is she a White Rock??
She is a 5-months-old White Brahma :hugs thank you @chickens105 it is so comforting knowing that I'm not alone. How is your Sweetie now?? And how old was she when she had MG? And for how long did you treat her until everything is cleared up?

The foamy eye with conjunctivitis could be mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG,) a chronic respiratory disease.
Thank you @Eggcessive :hugs this information is very helpful! I can get prescribed antibiotic online. Do you think it is a good idea to combine oral Tylosin with Terramycin eye ointment, does it necessary to use both? We do have oral Tylosin and injectables one here, which one do you think is the best?

I have 1 rooster and 5 hen in my coop, I noticed frequent sneezes today... Should I treat them all together?

She is a 5-months-old White Brahma :hugs thank you @chickens105 it is so comforting knowing that I'm not alone. How is your Sweetie now?? And how old was she when she had MG? And for how long did you treat her until everything is cleared up?
Ok! Around her age actually but she had eye problems since a few days after hatch. But after I did what @Eggcessive told me about I didn't have anymore problems - For it to clear up completely it took about a week.

Injectable Tylan can be given orally at a dosage of 1/4 ml per pound 3 times a day for 5 days. It is not necessary to inject it, and it can cause muscle damage at the injection site. I prefer the oral powder to put in the water if the chicken is drinking normally. Yes, one can use both Terramycin eye ointment and Tylosin at the same time.

Last edited:
I'm sorry @chickens105 I need to ask one more question :D did you use Tylosin by inject, eyedrop, or drink water? Thank you in advance!
No problem! The best way to use it, is by her drinking it in water. I also used it in a different way by mixing some into her chicken feed. But a little water in it and then the Tylosin with some chicken feed and my Sweetie ate it down better than she drank it!

Back
Top Bottom