Slightly yellow egg whites in fresh eggs

kristin67

Chirping
Dec 12, 2016
So we are noticing that in the last week the eggs coming out of the coop (I collect every morning and every evening so none are old) are producing yellow tinged egg whites.. does this mean anything bad? I give an herbal supplement to aid in healthier birds and they get some cracked corn every evening Along with some feed . They are allowed to range daily through the woods on our property . They also are given daily veggies and fruits (and an occasional snack they steal from the plants in the garden 🤦🏼‍♀️) I read on article that said it is because they are old eggs- they are two days old and I have read it is diet .. help! I sell our eggs to friends and don’t want anyone to be sick . I just ate a yellow tinged egg white for breakfast that was taken from the coop yesterday morning- so that isn’t because it was old .. can someone help clarify ? Ty

Do you have photo? I free range my chickens and I know the yolks will be a much darker yellow, even orange in color as compared to store bought eggs which will have a light yellow yolk due to the caged chickens limited diet. Never seen a yellow tinted egg white.

Also, why do you give them a supplement if they free range every day? What are you supplementing that they are not getting naturally?

I apologize.. it is not an actual supplement rather a water additive for overall health ..various herbs oils etc .. we let them range during day while we are outside in garden/yard but they do not range alone the entire day. We have a family of fox who take full advantage of that situation.. I will get a photo of an egg when I crack one later today

image.jpg
image.jpg

That’s what I thought and we have had chickens for 3 years now but this is the first time the egg whites have been this yellow .. just wanted to make sure ty

And sorry about the dirty plate - my goats thought it was a snack when I first brought it out lol

Have you fed them carrots or seen them eating highly orange pigmented flowers or pollen? Maybe mango or something? I could even see (but am not sure) if dark leafy greens can pigment the white. The reason I ask is because mine look like this much more in the summer than than the winter. They always fry white though.

Back
Top Bottom