Slow/bloody zip, can I do anything?

I forgot to add the picture.
20211022_164328.jpg
As others said, that "stuff" is normal, though it's usually left in the shell.
chick hatch debris_1.png
IMG_2588 (Large).JPG
From left to right are peafowl, duck, duck, & chicken

Salt test. Humidity gauge before you set eggs again.
Knowing, for sure, that your humidity wasn't too off will help.
Same with a thermometer...get another and calibrate it.

Opening the eggs could help you learn about when they quit too.
Late quitters could mean your humidity was too high throughout.

Never trust a build it humidity gauge's reading...they are usually off.

Yes to the 24 hour question. 😊 I moved the other eggs to a backup incubator. There are still no pips, but one that maybe internally pipped although it looks too low. ☹ I'm picking up two Japanese bantam chicks in a few hours for Seven. He's a very feisty fluff this morning.
Oh he looks very good, very cute :)

Can you hear any chirping? Have you candled to see if you can see the air pocket? I heard chirping from my eggs, can you hear anything?

Can't wait to see the new chicks you are picking up!

Oh he looks very good, very cute :)

Can you hear any chirping? Have you candled to see if you can see the air pocket? I heard chirping from my eggs, can you hear anything?

Can't wait to see the new chicks you are picking up!
No chirping and no movement... nobody has moved position in at least 3 days. I ended up buying one baby bc the rest were too much older and would have smooshed Seven. He is so happy to have a friend. I didn't get pictures till they'd already gone to bed but here he is with Panda. She is so chill and sweet, and he's over the top feisty haha. Panda's breeder has two more clutches about to hatch any day, so I'll add another chick then.

Attachments

• 20211023_183113.jpg
    20211023_183113.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 6
SKIP THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE A EGGTOPSY PICTURE

I did an eggtopsy on egg number 3, who hadn't moved in days. The chick was shrink wrapped. I feel awful bc the eggs' seller had sent a note with the eggs that her Olandsk Dwarfs need at least 70% humidity at lock down. I dry incubated because my room humidity was 55% throughout incubation which left incubator humidity around 40%. Until lockdown day, when we had a cold front and I woke up to 30% humidity. I upped humidity gradually over two days till it reached 70%. Now I know I should've raised it rapidly, and probably should've added a wet sponge. My room temperature and humidity dropped too much with the cold front and I didn't do nearly enough to combat it. I thought gradually raising humidity was safer than a big swing. :(

Attachments

• 20211023_182133.jpg
    20211023_182133.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 5
That doesn't look shrink-wrapped to me, it looks like it quit day 19-20. Where is the beak?
I didn't go any further than opening. I can open another that looks like it tried to pip internally but way too low. They all looked very very low in the eggs. I incubated them upright till lockdown because they all had bad air cells and I turned them by shifting them 45% degrees.

Back
Top Bottom