Slow drivers........

Quote:
And what is wrong with old beat up trucks with wheels that don't match?
roll.png

Kansas enacted a law this past July that the only time you can drive in a passing lane on a four lane is when you're actually passing. You can get a ticket if you're just driving in the passing lane.

Took a defensive driving course last year, required by my workplace. The officers stated that driving 10 miles below the posted speed limit was considered aggressive driving and can earn a ticket. It is considered imposing one's will on other drivers, thus considered "aggressive".

My mother just got her first driver's license last year at the age of 74. Understandably, she is a little slow on her speed due to fear but she is getting better at maintaining speed. Her reaction time is good and she is very accomplished, but she comes from a generation when speed limits were 55mph on the interstate roads, so she feels like she is really flying at 60 mph!
tongue.png

I had to explain to her about aggressive driving, the courtesy of pulling over if you have a tail of cars and trying to work up to the posted speed limit and work past her fears of going fast.

It's good to have a little patience on both sides of slow....
smile.png

Too fast, too slow; ah that's the spot. Would it not be easier to confiscate all the Buicks on the road?

Last edited:
What gets me is tailgaiters when I am doing the speed limit.
barnie.gif
I hate that... Tends to make me go slower... ALOT SLOWER... on purpose!!! Especially on a two lane with no room or time to pass me. THAT'S what you get for tailgaiting me!

Quote:
Me too!!! Especially when I am going 5 miles over the limit and people ride my butt. I will take my foot off the gas and just coast.

My thoughts on that are YOU can go as slow as you want in front of or behind me, but we are both going to be in a much better frame of mind if you make it possible for me to get in front of you.

Quote:
If they passed (& enforced) that law in Michigan, the state would be in surplus of money. I asked a friend from Michigan why you see drivers in left hand lane and no one in right hand lane, he told me because it's smoother from lack of drivers.............Love going down interstate 69 or 65 and having Michigan drivers in left hand lane and they won't pull over...........

I dunno.

The other day I took a ride with a relative who did 90+ (the speedometer only went to 90mph) down the interstate, tailgated everybody, and the truck did not seem to have working seatbelts that I could find.
ep.gif

If I had known all that I would have driven myself!!!!

Now, I do understand the annoyance at people going unusually slow, especially if they are doing it in the "fast lane" but in HER opinion everyone on the road was going slow. GAH!
barnie.gif

I'd much rather ride with a slow driver than a maniac one.

Last edited:
My dad is the worst of all. He's constantly griping about people that pull out in front of him, or are driving slower than he is, or that don't use their signals, when he is always and forever will be one of these people! I so want to tell him that he does the same thing when he's griping about someone else, but I really don't feel like walking 13 miles back home
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom