Slow drivers........

seedcorn

Songster
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
NE. IN
Read this on another site where couple of posters were bragging about slowing people down. This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine, am I alone????

In Indiana there is a law (not enforced to my knowledge) that you must pull over if there are 3+ cars behind you and you aren't doing the speed limit. Wish it was except for old drivers, I cut them slack as I do new drivers.

If you want to drive slow, use the back roads and go as slow as you want but on highways, get with the program. Those drivers that get in left hand lane (on 4 lane highways) and cruise at the same speed as the one on the right, drive me CRAZY. Can't get around them and they are oblivous to rest of world, meanwhile there is a mile of people behind them that can't get around.

Emergency vehicles should have bazooka mounted on hood so they can just blow them off of the face of the world.................

enuf ranting.

It's called impeeding the flow of traffic whether its 5 miles above the speed limit or right on the speed limit. I've only had 1 person really cause a problem, and it ended up being a 90 year old woman as well as her husband. I ended up calling the cops and waited to make a report before leaving. Hopefully the pulled their license, because if I was in a small vehicle, I could have easily been killed. As it was, I was able to cross the median and back after they forced me out of their lane.

Poor drivers should have to undergo a mandatory driving test until they improve. Same should be said for elderly drivers who no longer have the reflexes they once did, or poor vision.

I'm in Indiana, and I've never heard of the 3+ car thing...of course I've never looked it up. As a parent who's a nervous wreck because her 16 year old is newly licensed, I can't feel your pain at the moment. I'd love for him to get stuck behind that dawdling driver...lol.

I'm pretty forgiving of folks that do that. I guess I think most who do are either 1) very old, 2) very new to driving, or 3) lost or confused And I know that when people get all ticked off and honk, or ride their bumper or something to get them to go faster, it probably makes them even more nervous and might cause a wreck. And going a little faster isn't worth the potential loss of life or injury to another person for me.

I know you're just venting, but I always think of my son, or my grandpa, or my mom (she always gets at least a little lost driving out to my place a state away when she comes to visit). So maybe it might help if you try to put people from your own family in that situation... Maybe it won't, but maybe it will...

I HATE when people fly across the highway to get to the "fast lane" and once there,They go SOOO SLOW. wth ?
hmm.png

Quote:
It's in the hand book you get from the state. I actually studied before taking drivers test after moving to Indiana.

I have no problem w/older drivers (hope to be one some day) or new drivers or lost drivers but too many gawkers. The gawkers need to think about the people behind them that may need to get somewhere using the speed limit because of a family problem, work problem etc.

These same gawkers don't use signals etc.........I hate that too, I always want to yell "give me an idea what you are going to do"

For those that are continually lost, go to Walmart and buy a $100 garmin, $$$$ well spent.

Quote:
second that!!!!!!!!!!! or pull out in front of you because they don't want to follow you and then crawl.......

I am usually pretty tolerant of really elderly drivers (hopefully one day I will be one)..... my pet peeve and it is only really a peeve as I never tailgate the elderly... is when it is peak time traffic... everyone trying to get hither and tither as fast as they can and it is a 60mph road.... and bless there they are in the front of the line of single file traffic (because you can't get past due to the traffice screaming at you from the other direction)... doing 28mph........ oh boy..... my only advice would be.. if you cant keep up with the speed of the road at certain times of the day.... please just wait half an hour or so... it won't be busy and people won't be honking their horns at you and driving inches from your bumper and scaring the life out of you.

Over here when you turn 70 or could be 75 actually can't remember... you have to take a medical and a redo your driving test... if you dont come up to scratch your license is revoked... if you do pass.. you must take it again every five years... serious medical conditions by law have to be reported to the licensing authority..... or you could be in big trouble if you cause an accident.....

However on the defense of the elderly.. whilst driving home from work the other afternoon.... a YOUNG person misread the signs and ended up driving the wrong way down a dual carriageway... everyone was honking their horns... they where oblivous!.... now thats a dangerous driver..... or drunk!.... how can you make that mistake when everyone is coming at you and you are trying to DODGE the oncoming cars.........jeeshhhhhh ....

Quote:
second that!!!!!!!!!!! or pull out in front of you because they don't want to follow you and then crawl.......

don't you know, they slowed down to answer a text message on their cell phone. Once their done with that they will speed up again.

I also hate when someone using cruise control forgets how to use the gas pedal while they are trying to pass a car that's cruise control is set one mph faster than theirs.

Quote:
For those that are continually lost, go to Walmart and buy a $100 garmin, $$$$ well spent.

Good LORD!!! Don't say that!! Getting lost is a minor inconvenience. She's be in a serious wreck trying to figure out a GPS system!!!
barnie.gif
lol

Back
Top Bottom