Slow growing freedom rangers

The growth rate chart that freedom ranger hatchery gave me shows that you are right on track for 5.5-6 pound butchering in 26 days. But at this point you could safely drop the protein to 17ish% and probably should. I'll try and turn the chart into an image so I can post it.

Last edited:
Fr growth rate chart.jpg

Weight in grams, Time in days

The growth rate chart that freedom ranger hatchery gave me shows that you are right on track for 5.5-6 pound butchering in 26 days. But at this point you could safely drop the protein to 17ish% and probably should. I'll try and turn the chart into an image so I can post it.
That makes me feel better, thank you!

What would the benefit of dropping the protein be?

That makes me feel better, thank you!

What would the benefit of dropping the protein be?

I typed this out on a another thread just a few minutes ago so I'm just going to copy and paste it:

...but there is something about either the corn or the decreased protein that packs on muscle and fat in a way that higher protein feeds don't seem to do. The way I understand it, when fed higher protein, the birds grow more skeletally and once you decrease the protein levels with added corn, their skeletal growth slows and their muscles start bulking. So, at risk of being repetitive, the idea is you change over once your birds have the "right" frame (which of course is subjective based on what you're looking for) and you transfer as much power as you can in the last 2-4weeks to building the meat that will ultimately be eaten. I've noticed a significant increase in the weight of my broilers after starting experimenting with this method of feeding.

Interesting...they have a good looking shape, so maybe it is time.

I of course just ordered more food, but we are raising pullets in 6 weeks or so, so probably not a big deal to just keep it on hand until then.

Back
Top Bottom