Slow layers

Adena Zimmer

Hatching
Apr 28, 2015
Our 5 Americana's are 8-9 months old only one is laying and only 1 a day. I leave a light on in coop from 7am to7pm.and I let them out to run if weather permits, will the other 4 begin laying yet this winter ? What should the temps. be in coop the cold days and nights ? Thanks for your help.

Our 5 Americana's are 8-9 months old only one is laying and only 1 a day. I leave a light on in coop from 7am to7pm.and I let them out to run if weather permits, will the other 4 begin laying yet this winter ? What should the temps. be in coop the cold days and nights ? Thanks for your help.

Maybe / maybe not - chickens are fickle creatures. Normally, one would not expect a chicken to lay more than 1 egg per day.

Reflecting advice from other members, as long as the coop is dry and well ventilated, your chickens should be fine (I live in the tropics, so i don't have that problem thank goodness
smile.png
).

CT

They will lay this winter. Each bird is an individual and matures at their own rate. You should not expect a bird to lay more than 1 egg per day or you will be very disappointed. Some days they take a break and don't lay too.

Back
Top Bottom