Slow laying

georgefarm15

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2016
Hi I'm new to the site. Love all the information. We have about 20 chickens and my girls have slowed down laying. I was getting 10-18 eggs a day. I'm only getting about 6-8. I heard that they slow when it's hot. Is that normal? Thank you

Welcome to BYC! If it's hot where you live, I'd bet that's what the problem is. Mine have slowed too with it being in the lower to mid 90's every day. The humidity is awful here too. I've got about 25 laying now. Today I got 8 eggs, yesterday I only got 4. They're pretty slow and inconsistent right now. My whole flock has been laying in clumps under the shade trees and bushes and only come out to forage in the cool of the morning or in late evening when it's half-way bearable. I think I speak for all my animals: I'm ready for fall.

Last edited:
Hi I'm new to the site. Love all the information. We have about 20 chickens and my girls have slowed down laying. I was getting 10-18 eggs a day. I'm only getting about 6-8. I heard that they slow when it's hot. Is that normal? Thank you
Welcome to BYC!

How old are your birds?
Do they free range?

Back
Top Bottom