Slow Moving and Standing in the Corner

RJL21313

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
So We thought we had a bullying issue, after careful watching and sequestering of the aggressive girls it seems to have subsided but....

Fubby Feather our Americana who was the focus on the bullying who has been doing fine(eating, pooping, drinking and general chicken stuff) has days where she moves around slow, other days where we have noticed this (maybe 2 not counting today) we have grabbed the 2 agressive girls and put them in the tractor for the day thinking it was bullying. When letting the girls out this morning Funny Feather was standing next to the pop hole beak in the corner, I went in and grabbed her and put her outside the run in the grass to see if she would forage around. She just kind of wandered around slowly pecking at bits of grass but not with the vigor of a chicken who just got let out, after filling the feeded and waterer I spent about 30 minutes just watching her. She is standing and sleeping... well she is closing her eyes and her neck starts to droop just like when she was a chick, I tried ruffling her feathers, felt under her wings and checked for good temp (seemed fine) picked her up and she struggled to get away like normal. I put her back in the coop and all the other girls came in checked out what I was doing, Funny feather slowly walked through the group and went over to the corner under the nesting boxes and put her beak in there and just hung out????

Am I missing someting that should be obvious?

Should I be worried, she seems to snap out of it after a few hours. could she be having trouble passing eggs and this is her pre-egg concetration time?

Just a little worried and wondering if there is anyting I can do....

I am learning that when they are acting not themselves it is usually for a reason. Certainly isolate her so you can see what she is eating, drinking and pooping. Once you see that let us know so we can go from there.

Funny feathers poo was watery, clear with a little yellow in it. This evening mom checked on the girls and said the she was squatting like she was trying to lay or poo. She also noted that there was mucous coming from her bum kinda yellowish white. She's drinking water and eatting very little. Not at all interested in strawberries.
sad.png
her poo looks like one from the chicken keepers poo page. The third one down in the abnormal poo section. The one with watery with little chunks but Funny Feathers doesn't have chunks.

Back
Top Bottom