Slower growing chick won't go to warm side so hecan be with siblings

FYI: Sunbeam 732-500 doesn't have an auto shut off (FYI) uses about 40watts.
Keep up with the PolyVisol, Rooster Booster/Poultry Cell is another good vitamin. You could try moisten the crumble (mash) & add boiled egg yolk for the extra protein/vitamins. Try scooping it (3 fingers under chest, between wings), it's worked better for me; grabbing to me is like a predator swooping down :rolleyes: I also found chopsticks works like a hen pecking, showing them what eat & stuff.

FYI: Sunbeam 732-500 doesn't have an auto shut off (FYI) uses about 40watts.
Keep up with the PolyVisol, Rooster Booster/Poultry Cell is another good vitamin. You could try moisten the crumble (mash) & add boiled egg yolk for the extra protein/vitamins. Try scooping it (3 fingers under chest, between wings), it's worked better for me; grabbing to me is like a predator swooping down :rolleyes: I also found chopsticks works like a hen pecking, showing them what eat & stuff.
He's been doing great the past few days. He's back to exactly how he was before, making tons of noise, making sure everyone knows that he isn't happy being separated. The feed was fine dry for him, just keeping it crushed up more still for him then the others till he gets bigger. I would love to be able to scoop him up like that, but if he senses that I need to pick him up he'll start running away and get himself in a position where that move isn't possible. I always lower my hand slowly down the opposite side and try to slide my fingers beneath from the side with legs going between two fingers. Then I wrap the towel around him and it seems to work well enough. Not perfect, but better than reaching down like one of those claw games to grab him.

Also good to know about that heat pad. That'll be really handy cause with how hot it is, just about any reptile heater of head lamp is gonna make it way hotter in the brooder during the day than they can handle. Checked what it was at near the reptile heater after I calibrated a thermometer and it was 105. Just having the heating pad on a low setting seems great though to just give that bit of extra warmth if they need it

I'm glad to hear that your little guy is doing better!
Definitely a huge relief he's bounced back so well. Hopefully he'll be big enough to join the others in the next day or two based on how he's developed so far. Luckily the others still recognize him cause they'll start crying when they hear him cry

Back
Top Bottom