Slowly losing weight, high-stepping, now difficulty walking

I have no idea of 'exotic' diseases.

But I did note, "she laid her first egg". Having watched one of my new pullets lay an egg very late last night, she was behaving like some kind of illness had taken over her. Kind of hunched down, wobbly looking, then out came an egg about 10 minutes later. Nothing wrong with her.

They are teenagers, and take a while to get with the programme. They just need to be nest box trained (mine 'sort of' are, but they are going by their own rules it seems). They'll figure it out in time. I have made everything "lay it here!" obvious (fake eggs, various nesting materials and set ups).

Corid is for Coccidiosis. Bloody poop. I used wazine for worms. Did she recover? I noticed this is an older thread.
You're correct, Corid is for Coccidiosis and bloody poop can be one of the symptoms a person may see when there is an overload. Not all strains of Coccidia present as blood in the poop.
Wazine (Piperazine) was a good dewormer. Unfortunately, that's been off the market for a few years or at least under that name brand, however if one is motivated and savvy enough, they may be able to research and source that active ingredient and figure out dosing.

@ihaveasunrae or @kurby22 would either of you mind sharing what the outcome has been for your birds? I have a very similar thing going on with a rooster right now…
Sadly the ones presenting this way are all dying after about 2 months of slow decline 😢 I have 50 chickens and lost 4 young roosters this way in 2022. The most recent boy was sent in and I’m waiting for their lab results, but aside from being nearly emaciated even though they were eating—they found a slightly enlarged liver and a tumor in his liver and trachea :-( General assessment was lymphoproliferative disease, but no confirmed cause as of yet. Only found a couple growths, and in my mind AVL and Mareks would riddle their insides. So I was surprised. All of them are just under 1 year and almost all have been roosters…I’m guessing AVL but I find it so weird that more have not been lost to this. Only ones I’ve lost have been hatchery stock or local backyard breeder roosters—all of my others purchased thru good breeders are pretty healthy :-( I hope this is not the case with your boy :-(

Back
Top Bottom