The Angry Hen

Crossing the Road
6 Years
Dec 17, 2016
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Hi everyone,

It has been awhile since I've written a post on here. Hope that everyone has been well!

During this upcoming Spring hatching season, I've been waiting for one of my younger, docile hens to go broody... of course, as the saying goes, a watched pot never boils... So aside from my preference of a broody hen hatch, I think it would be a good idea to invest in a small, affordable incubator as a back up for now and the future. In general, I've never hatched chickens using an incubator, we've only attempted Guinea fowl, which hadn't been successful in a Little Giant.

Getting to the point, does anyone have a recommendation for a small incubator (price range hoping to be under $50, egg quantity 7-9)?
I see the smaller Brinsea models that I like, as they have positive reviews and look to be good priced. Are Homdox and Ebtools too lowly-rated to be worth an investment? Any others I haven't heard of?

Thank you all for your time.
Have a good night.

dont have alot of experience with different ones .. the small one i got on ebay is on its ~6th batch ive run through it .. works, only 1 or 2 duds per batch .. the smaller ones i think tend to be less stablethough, i personally wouldnt want to try to go smaller than 12egg ..

Attachments

• CIMG1659.JPG
    CIMG1659.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • CIMG1682.JPG
    CIMG1682.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 6
Thank you for the reponses, I appreciate the helpfulness! I will take a look on Ebay for a 12 egg incubator. I would be happy with something a bit bigger, and the only reason I mentioned a smaller capacity is because it seems to suit my wanted price range. But I don't want poor of quality- so I'll do some searching!
As for the comment on a Brinsea mini- that does seem to be on the top of my consideration list at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom