Small air sacs? Large number of infertile...getting some nerves

Pics
Wry neck chicks in my experience can live normal lives. I've never kept one past eating size because I don't want them in my breeding pool, but they do okay.

Edit: Here's a pic of one of my wry neck birds.
1228191635.jpg

Is there reasonable hope for the chick with its neck bent to the side? It's strange both chicks had the exact same shape, but this one at least can walk some. We gave it some nutridrench tonight just to see if that would help any.
How long has the chick been hatched? if caught very early, this type of wry neck can supposedly be helped by physically retraining the neck. The neck and toes are curled because the chick spent too much time in the egg. The chick absorbed its yolk and because they grow so quickly, the tendons grew and the inside area of the neck wasn’t stretched the same as the outside area of the curl, so now one side is tighter. I’ve heard people say you can hold the chick and straighten its neck with your hands and hold it there, but you have to be willing to sit for a couple hours, feed and water it, then sit for a couple hours again. It’s a lengthy commitment, but supposedly you can see improvement after a few cycles of this since they really do grow so quickly.

I'm so happy to hear this! We will try to see if we can straighten it any (my son will probably be happy to sit with a quail in his hand for hours lol), if not and if its walking alright I may try to integrate it with the covey, it's much smaller of course but hopefully it will go smoothly

I'm so happy to hear this! We will try to see if we can straighten it any (my son will probably be happy to sit with a quail in his hand for hours lol), if not and if its walking alright I may try to integrate it with the covey, it's much smaller of course but hopefully it will go smoothly
Let me know how it works out.

I am a little perplexed though by my favorite, a little scarlet tuxedo, who is very often picking at its bottom a lot on both sides. It's the only one I've noticed doing this with any regularity. It seems like something is bothering it but I checked and its bottom looks clean. They have never been outside so I don't know how it could be any kind of mite or lice 🤷🏻‍♀️???

Back
Top Bottom