Small bald spot on head of 6 week+ BR?

Yay Chicks!

Songster
9 Years
Apr 15, 2010
Forest Grove, OR
Hi. Tried posting this in the ER, diseases section, but without response...and it's not an emergency that I can tell.
My 6 or 7 week old Barred Rock has a small bald spot on the top of her head, probably about the size of a pencil eraser. The skin is not pink or irritated and I have not seen any of the other 3 chicks picking at her (and I watch them A LOT). She's acting just fine, other than that. Any ideas?
I would love to post a picture but every time I try to upload I get error messages - so none for now
sad.png

Thanks.

maybe its just one of those awkward stages each one is different Mr grey had a spot on the back of his neck that was bald for a little while but now all his feathers have come in.
I have 4 barred rocks all of them feathered differently 1 came in smooth while 2 females just looked like they stuck their finger in a light socket when the down feathers started coming off. Mr Grey my rooster just had smooth feathers but with 1 bald patch on the back of his neck. If it isnt bothering your chicken maybe its just a strange point in her life.

Thanks, Stormymoon. Most of my questions run in the "is this normal?" range. Now, I'm wondering if it is normal to be finding several 4 inches feathers on the ground (from my 2 different colored EEs) at this stage of the game? Again, I'm not seeing any big time pecking, although, I did see one of the EEs picking at the tips of the BRs tail feathers. I put some Rooster Booster no peck stuff on them, to interrupt the obsessiveness (one track little tiny bird brains they have!).

Back
Top Bottom