Small chick with big attitude

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by geojane42, May 21, 2010.

1. geojane42

geojane42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    My polish babies are about 7 weeks old now and spending most of the day outside. Today I decided to let one of the lower ranking hens in for a little visit with them. Cricket (the runt with the punk rock hairdo who is super friendly) marched right up to the hen, stretched herself up as tall as she could make herself and tried to stare her down. The hen just stood there looking right back at her so Cricket decided to launch her beak into the hen's face. She got a much bigger beak right back and promptly took off to the other side of the run. That lasted about 30 seconds then she was right back checking out the hen again. She is the funniest little thing. I'll have to be careful because I don't think the bigger hens are going to be as tolerant of her terrible manners.

2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    She sounds darling! I bet she'll find her perfect place in the crowd.

3. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Aren't they fun to watch! I just love the 'chest bumping' at three days old. How big and bad can two little balls of fluff possibly look? I just wonder what in the world they think....

4. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

I NEVER get tired or bored by watching my chickens! They sure do have some individual personalities. Not to overlook:cool: variety of their colors & breeds![​IMG]

5. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    I just love to watch my little houdans run around. they are my only crested breed at the moment...and just to watch that puff of feathers in the crowd of other chicks, is funny in itself. the hen will show that little girl who is the boss....maybe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by