1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Small Chicken Tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by HenFour, May 31, 2013.

1. HenFour

HenFour Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2013
    Burlington, NC
    We got this built over the weekend wheels to go on tomorrow and few inside details it's our first try. [​IMG]

2. Mimis hen house

Mimis hen house Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2013
    Davidson County ,NC
    Nice! You did good. I just had a coop made but wished mine was more like yours! :)

3. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan Renaissance man

Feb 18, 2013
    Music City, USA
    Beautiful. I really like the proportions of it.

4. HenFour

Mar 12, 2013
    Burlington, NC
    I still don’t have the pictures but here is the plans if anyone is interested, I work on CAD for a living, and also optimized the pieces. For minimal waste. These are guides only. Inside of the coop I did not do because everyone has their own likes. I will try and post up pics by this weekend. Also I will give you the details on the wheels. Just trying to figure out the best way to mount them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. HenFour

Mar 12, 2013
    Burlington, NC
    Wheels ...I am in North Carolina, the wheels I will be using are from a handtruck (10" pnuematic wheels) I purchased them at Harbor Freight for 3.99 piece I got 4 (may go with 6) but for now just 4 I'm having a friend weld me 4 metal/steel arms to rotate for raising the tractor when I want to move it. When thats done I will post all the pics. The arms can be out of wood, but he offered so, steel last longer.

6. HenFour

Mar 12, 2013
    Burlington, NC
    [​IMG]

Finally got the wheels done. So its mobile, at first I had issues with the wheels bowing in, but it was a relocations fix, pics to come soon. Working on my 2nd coop new design as well will keep you updated on it. I will have a ton of pic to come, but in this pic the front is slightly lifted but when you push from behind the coop, it allows it to roll pretty easily, also with the rear wheels under the front of the coop, it turns and distributes the weight pretty well.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  7. suzyQlou

suzyQlou Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Dillsburg, PA
    My Coop
    Very cool. Those plans are going to be a goldmine for someone just starting out. Thanks for sharing!

8. HenFour

Mar 12, 2013
    Burlington, NC
    Your welcome I'm hoping for pics soon I keep saying it but haven't done it yet. At least to show the inside.

9. WheatBread

WheatBread Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2013
    very nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by