Small coon in coop tonight, r they dangerous?

Quote:
Guinea's I heard were protectors so to speak, I hope Larry is okay. I cannot sleep now, eventhough the hole is plugged for now. I keep going out and doing a head count. I had 36 layers in the enclosures I can only count 35 tonight. The turkeys will go to attack a yard chicken if it follows me into the enclosures, even 20 minutes ago they came up to me wide awake peeping for treats and the smallest hen squated for me, so why will they not protect against a coon?

Quote:
Damn. I felt kinda bad for cracking him with a flashlight. I now wish I woulda got a couple more swings in before he escaped after seeing your pics. Then again I need to buy a game camera, one not knows what lurks on their property after the stars come out.

Ruby........please explain something for me. Why do you take the time to trap a coon if you release it? I don't get the logic there. And you wait till it kills something get it. I may be doing this wrong. Have you found a way to convence the coon not to come back? A real life 'coon whisper'.
smile.png

Quote:
And these are probably the coons that have become educated and won't go into mag16's trap. Just saying that a trapped/released coon is an educated coon and someone else's problem.

mag16, you might be using a trap that is too small. See if you can find a bigger one.

I agree. I wish I still had some of the live traps that my Grandpa used to have. They were bigger, homemade ones and they caught a lot of coons. The local flea marker is this weekend is the weekend so I'm going to see if I can find a better trap.

And these are probably the coons that have become educated and won't go into mag16's trap

LOL! That's what one of the local guys at the cafe said - that at least one of them had been caught before. It seems that it has become the town project to solve my coon problem. I live in a small town (pop 300) and someone is always stopping me to offer a suggestion. I also teach here and one of my kids told me today that he and his dad have been working on a plan - lol!​

Back
Top Bottom