Small Coop Ventilation

I think it should work fine once you get the run and put the converted coop together with that (inside or out, up to you... it'd be easiest to just put it inside the run though, even though it eats up some floor space).

Just really glad you realized converting the coop/run into a coop was the way to go!

As far as ventilation, might want to look into using some louvered vent covers here, which will provide ventilation while protecting the openings against the weather. Also I can't tell, but you've left some "windows" for light and ventilation, correct? Adding artificial light for navigation is a pain, so you want to let in some natural light so the chickens can get on the roosts at night.

Last edited:
I think it should work fine once you get the run and put the converted coop together with that (inside or out, up to you... it'd be easiest to just put it inside the run though, even though it eats up some floor space).

Just really glad you realized converting the coop/run into a coop was the way to go!

As far as ventilation, might want to look into using some louvered vent covers here, which will provide ventilation while protecting the openings against the weather. Also I can't tell, but you've left some "windows" for light and ventilation, correct? Adding artificial light for navigation is a pain, so you want to let in some natural light so the chickens can get on the roosts at night.
When adding the Louvered vent covers, gable vents I was told in another post, do I need to add the wire on the inside to protect against predators entering coop through the vents?

When adding the Louvered vent covers, gable vents I was told in another post, do I need to add the wire on the inside to protect against predators entering coop through the vents?
Depends on the size of the slots in the louvered vents.
Anything over 1/2" should be protected with mesh.

Back
Top Bottom