Small flock Ameraucana layer hens available for adoption in San Diego

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dancesWchickens, Jul 13, 2010.

1. dancesWchickens

dancesWchickens Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2008
    Davis, CA
    Due to unforseen circumstances we are going to have to rehome our small flock of pet Ameraucana hens. Five of the six are 18 months old; one is almost 6 months old. All were vaccinated at birth for Mareks; all beautiful, healthy, superb layers; eggs are olive, light green, light blue, and pink. They have been raised 100% free ranging in my backyard since birth and are used to foraging for the bulk of their diet. Prefer to rehome to a similar situation where they are uncaged at least during the day and can eat grass and bugs freely. They have been hand-raised as pets and are pretty tame: 3 of the 6 are used to being handled by my kids - one actually enjoys it - so they would be great for a family starting out with pet chickens. Can send other photos if desired. Please, no chicken dinners: these are pet animals. NOTE: FOR LOCAL PICKUP ONLY in the Mission Hills area of San Diego. Price is a rehoming fee intended to discourage nonserious inquiries.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  2. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Did you ever find out if your neighbor still wanted them? I am still interested. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by