SMALL ORDER Peeps (MPC&Meyer's) to arrive TUESDAY! Who's waiting too?

I ordered 10 pullet peeps from Ideal - they are to ship Wed 2/25. Here's what I got:

2 Australorp
2 Barred Rock
2 Buff Orp
2 RIR
2 EE (they call them Americaunas, but thanks to BYC, I know better!)

I got the insurance instead of packing peanuts, it should only take a day to get here, and I'm tracking the weather between Tulsa (me) and Cameron, TX (Ideal) - it's supposed to be warmish, but I'm still worried.

I'm wondering if I should call them and tell them to go ahead and put packing peanuts in. I could figure out what to do with them later....

EEK!

I'm waiting to have my pre-order confirmed with MPC and get a delivery date. I ordered 3 EE, 2 Dominiques, 3 silkies (buff, blue and black), 1 buff orpington and 1 buff bramha bantam all pullets (I hope lol). This is the first time I have had chickens and I am both nervous and excited. Now I just have to hope that they arrive before lambing season starts so that I have plenty of time to enjoy them
big_smile.png

Quote:
I hope that you've let them know that you don't want them de-beaked.

Wouldn't they usually ask? We haven't ordered yet, but I'll be sure to let them know! If they tend to do this without asking, thanks for the warning!
ep.gif

I got an order on Thurs morning of 30 that are frizzles. I got 15 on Saturday that are banties, another 13 the other night that are EE pullets. Oh yeah, I just went today and got 6 more Ameracaunas. Um, no more for me. Oh yeah, I have 22 Buff Orps due in the bator tomorrow.
cool.png

Quote:
Hi, I was just looking at the Ideal site and was going to place an order very similar to yours.
smile.png

However, it did not give me the option to buy insurance so as not to have extra males. So, I didn't complete the order. Did you order online? I guess I can call them on Monday. Is the insurance expensive?

Back
Top Bottom