small profile feeder?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by peartreehens, Jul 31, 2013.

1. peartreehens

peartreehens Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2013
    Hello! I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas/suggestions for smallish feeders that wouldn't take up a ton of space (both to give the girls more room and to minimize chx poop accumulation in the food). Our coop is 4'x4'. One side has roosts running the length, the other side has the openings to the next boxes. The two remaining walls have the doors--pop door on one side and people/cleaning door on the other, so there is a small amount of wall space Our feed/water is in the run. However, with winter coming, I'd like to give the girls an indoor option for bad weather and/or early/late feeding when the indoor light is on but it's dark outside. I currently have 8 hens. thanks in advance!

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Probably the most space efficient feeders are the PVC pipe ones that run horizontally up the wall. You might be able to even attach a small one to the cleaning door, would be easy to get too. You might also consider putting a feeder in a nest box space if you have an extra one, I've done that with coops that had the nest boxes you could open from the outside and the chickens didn't need all of them.

3. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    [​IMG]
    These don't take up much space and are easy too fill and manage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by