Small scale chicken business gurus, I know you are out there!

Chick_In_The_Burbs

Songster
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Western Washington
I am just starting up a small scale chick sales business and was wondering if anyone out there had any advise. I am sure I am not the first to try this so...

Nutshell, I am hatching one batch of chicks a month and ordering another a month, trying to keep them about two weeks apart to give me time to decrease 'inventory' between groups. So far it's slow but I have only been at it for a month.

So lay it on me, O Sages! I would love to avoid extra mistakes!

I have
I am just starting up a small scale chick sales business and was wondering if anyone out there had any advise.  I am sure I am not the first to try this so...

Nutshell, I am hatching one batch of chicks a month and ordering another a month, trying to keep them about two weeks apart to give me time to decrease 'inventory' between groups.  So far it's slow but I have only been at it for a month.  

So lay it on me, O Sages!  I would love to avoid extra mistakes!

I have been hatching my own eggs in my incubator almost every week for about 2 months and have been doing ok this far! I have been running ads on CL but am looking for other outlets as well. This post is slightly dated so I'm wondering if yoi've had success?

Back
Top Bottom