small wiggling worm in poop, best worming method for 4 month old pullets?

I wish I had a video but I didn't have my phone on me when I saw it. The worm was not very long, maybe a half-inch, a millimeter wide, and wiggly/squirming/almost 'swimming' around really rapidly just under the surface of the poop when it was fresh and runnier. I wouldn't have noticed it if not for how quickly moving around. I don't think it was a maggot and nor a tapeworm. It was really gross :sick
Sounds like a baby roundworm, lol.

624984D1-6BED-4BBA-9C78-0BB1F920F4BD.jpeg You can buy this off Amazon and send away for worm testing.
I personally use Valbazen to worm and eat the eggs after.
Most people withdrawal eggs for 14 days after second dose which means 24 days without eggs.
I recently found out the active ingredient in Valbazen (Albendazole) is given to humans for worms.
The dose a chicken gets is so small that even if the entire dose went into 1 egg I’d have to eat 12 fully dosed eggs to give myself a dose a the wormer.

That’s my opinion on it anyway. If others don’t agree then they don’t. I don’t let others have those eggs but I do eat them.

It's possible that you saw a maggot from fly eggs laid in the chicken poo. Do a google search for types of worm parasites of chickens, and you may be able to ID your worm. Or do a fecal float.

Back
Top Bottom