1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

small world at a chicken show

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by amazondoc, Apr 13, 2008.

1. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    This has nothing to do with anything, but I thought it was funny --

Yesterday I drove over to Lebanon to visit the Cedar City Poultry Club show. My mom drove out from Nashville to spend the day with me. I heard the show was much smaller than normal, but it was fun to look around anyway.

I went mainly to start getting acquainted with the local poultry people there, so when I move to Lebanon I'll have some contacts to buy local hens for my flock. (I recently bought property there, and I'll be moving in a few months.) So I talked to the folks who were selling at the show. I especially talked to Lyndon Lafevers, who had the most birds for sale there.

And guess what --

It turns out that he's a real estate agent -- in fact, THE real estate agent that helped the current owners of MY property buy that property when THEY bought it a couple of years ago! Heck, Lebanon isn't THAT small! [​IMG]

Incidentally, he gave me some good tips -- like, I should try to buy some hens from the 4-Hers at the county and state fairs in the fall. Good idea!

2. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    That's just too cool!!! [​IMG]

Skip and I planned on being there but behaved, stayed home and actually got our rabbits sold. Now I'll have room for more chickens!!! [​IMG]

Dawn

3. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Where in mid-TN are you, Dawn?

4. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    We're about 30 minutes south of Cookeville, 10 minutes south of Sparta, in Quebeck (Kweebeck).

Dawn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by