Small yellow worms/maggots in stool?? *PIC* HELP!

If you look on the right side, you can see small yellow worms moving. They're slightly smaller than a grain of rice.
If you have it full screen, and look at the right wetter spot, you can see one moving. There are usually more that pop out and move around.
Duh, just :smackme, lol. Definitely moving segments. Did you see which one pooped them?

Duh, just :smackme, lol. Definitely moving segments. Did you see which one pooped them?

Ha! I believe it was my 1 hen who has had it the worst, who I noticed had it originally when I started this thread. These are tapeworm segments? Even if the color is different? That's what always threw me off - unsure if a different color meant a different worm... :oops: Tomorrow I can monitor them all more closely and maybe bag some samples to take to my usual vet if need be.

They look like tape segments to me, and chickens can get different types of tapes, so maybe it's not the "common" one?

and you can enter at your own risk (also lower volume because of cricket/katydid chorus).
Sorry, but I had to laugh at this. When I moved to Texas with my husband (I'm from way up north MN he's from TX) I asked him "what is that SOUND?!!!" He replied with "what sound". I said "THAT SOUND!". After 5 minutes of this he finally says "Oh THAT sound... it's katydids". I had no idea!!!! I'd also never seen scorpions, rattlesnakes, copperheads and GIANT ground hornets - - I'm allergic, so my first reaction to seeing one was to leap up and run in the house. The neighbors loved it I'm sure as I was sunbathing topless in my backyard at the time. Now we are very very private in the country and the only thing that would see me is my chickens, the wild deer and the quail LOL

They look like tape segments to me, and chickens can get different types of tapes, so maybe it's not the "common" one?

:confused: I'm just hoping the Equimax does the trick.

Sorry, but I had to laugh at this. When I moved to Texas with my husband (I'm from way up north MN he's from TX) I asked him "what is that SOUND?!!!" He replied with "what sound". I said "THAT SOUND!". After 5 minutes of this he finally says "Oh THAT sound... it's katydids". I had no idea!!!! I'd also never seen scorpions, rattlesnakes, copperheads and GIANT ground hornets - - I'm allergic, so my first reaction to seeing one was to leap up and run in the house. The neighbors loved it I'm sure as I was sunbathing topless in my backyard at the time. Now we are very very private in the country and the only thing that would see me is my chickens, the wild deer and the quail LOL

:lau My fiancée's dad just got a hearing aid and the first night he wore it he said he couldn't go outside to smoke because it was SO loud - he had never heard the cricket/katydid chorus before! :lau

Here's a fresh poo from Pepper today.

I will be dosing them with Equimax again on Wednesday, the 10th day. Pepper is my heaviest hen, but should I maybe bump her dosage up because she is also my most afflicted hen?

Thank you again so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom