Small Yolk Sac still attached- dry

Neosporin should work. Can she stand on her own? You said she has wry neck now. I think it's important for chicks to move around in this stage of their development, but there's also a risk of the yolk sac tearing. Looking at the image, I personally would consider proper movement to be higher priority for now, given she's already been kept still for 12 hours.
She cannot stand on her own. She is just flopping around

Neosporin should work. Can she stand on her own? You said she has wry neck now. I think it's important for chicks to move around in this stage of their development, but there's also a risk of the yolk sac tearing. Looking at the image, I personally would consider proper movement to be higher priority for now, given she's already been kept still for 12 hours.
Just to be clear @BantyChooks , leave her in the incubator by herself, and let her just be in there, and see what happens? Neo has been applied.

Just to be clear @BantyChooks , leave her in the incubator by herself, and let her just be in there, and see what happens? Neo has been applied.
Her not being able to stand on her own is concerning, but if it's from having her movement restricted for so long, I'm not sure that restricting it further is a good idea. So yes, if she were mine, I would take her out of the cup.

Her not being able to stand on her own is concerning, but if it's from having her movement restricted for so long, I'm not sure that restricting it further is a good idea. So yes, if she were mine, I would take her out of the cup.
I left her out the whole night. Still alive, but yolk sac is STILL there. I’ll keep applying neosporion. What should I get at my local feed supply store to help her out?

Back
Top Bottom