Smaller chick

Wmaddox

Songster
May 23, 2020
Hi fellow chicken lovers. Got my second round of chickens. They just turned a week old yesterday. Got them from Dunlap hatchery. My wyandotte just doesn’t seem to be growing. When I picked her up she was equal size or maybe looked bigger than the others. My golden sex link now looks huge next to her and I can feel when I hold her in my hand that she’s staying tiny. Why is she not growing like the others? She seems to be eating, drinking and snuggling with others or active when they are active. She had pasty butt yesterday but I cleaned it twice and today it’s been no problem. Yesterday after pasty butt episodes, I searched on here and thought maybe the heat plate was too close and that was causing pasty butt so I moved it up one notch. Feeding medicated feed and some new chick probiotic/prebiotics in their water. Am I freaking for no reason? I just don’t want to miss something and her die. Please any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 79580649-04BD-47F4-9DD4-1F1814C468C6.png
    79580649-04BD-47F4-9DD4-1F1814C468C6.png
    4 MB · Views: 28
i recently hatched out a white wyandotte and noticed that it was definitely bigger than it’s polish siblings but developed a lot slower than them. just watch that it doesn’t become lethargic and that it’s still eating and drinking.

i recently hatched out a white wyandotte and noticed that it was definitely bigger than it’s polish siblings but developed a lot slower than them. just watch that it doesn’t become lethargic and that it’s still eating and drinking.
It is eating and drinking. I’m just worried if her outsides Arnt growing maybe inside their is something wrong . Also read they are a heritage breed so hoping that’s the reason.

Back
Top Bottom