smaller, quieter, calmer

TLWR

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 10, 2010
southern AL
I still want a pekin, but it would have to be a female and I don't really want a super loud duck. I know it depends on bird, but all I can go on is breed normals.
But I'd like a duck that would be happy to just hang out next to us. Our girls are friendly, but they aren't going to sit close to me willingly.
Needs to be a girl, so a quieter breed would be nice.
And closer in size to my runners would be nice a well.
I may just stick with all runners and hope we have an extra friendly one again, but looking at my options.

Would like to have the pond caring for itself more than it is now before we bring a few more ducklings in, so we have some time still.

My Welsh Harlequins are pretty quiet, that is if you get out in the morning when they want their food! They are just about as big as runners and are really pretty! They lay exceptionally good with an average of about 300 eggs per year and are known to go broody. Good all around bird, just needs to be handled a lot as a ducklings because i got mine when they were older so they arent as friendly, but if i catch em they dont fuss much! God luck in your findings!

Back
Top Bottom