Smell, is it really that bad?

Quote:
gig.gif

There've been times when MY bathroom smelled worse than my barn...And that was before I ate Taco Bell and drank Guinness all night!

My coops are fine. It's the outdoor runs after it rains that I have a hard time containing the smell on.
hmm.png

Hydrated lime helps a lot.

The rabbits smell worse than the chickens, by far.

I keep everything super clean and DRY. The only time there is a smell is if things get really wet. People who say chickens smell have only been around dirty poultry operations. Also, some people do not like the smell of barns, livestock animals or farms. Hmmm, these same people have no problem with a multiple cat litter box inside their house. Go figure.

Here is my experience. I have kept bantams and never had any bad smells. Then someone gave me 4 black jersey giants. Shew-wee!!!! Those things smelled worse than pigs! I gave them back. Pretty to look at.....nasty to the nose. Don't know if it was just that breed or standard size chickens in general. But my bantams are sweet and clean:love

It was probably the diet the birds were on. Some foods make for some bad smelling droppings in the coop...

Just wait for that lovely smell of broody poo... mine likes to deposit next to the cat dish after stealing the cat food and spilling the cat water.

Back
Top Bottom