Smoked Turkey Legs

cool2Bweird

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
South Texas
I am craving me some smoked turkey legs like they sell at the County Fair. These are so tender they just fall off the bone. Problem - I don't know how to cook them. Anyone out there got a great recipe for making these. BTW - I know my way around the kitchen so you don't have to spend a ton of your time explaining the little details. :)

Brine the legs for at least 9 hrs, use your favorite wood in a smoker. mesquite, pecan, oak a fruit wood etc. brush olive oil on the legs with some cajan or other favorite season. Place on the grate about an inch or so apart and every hour brush on more olive oil . I put a can of beer on the bottom rack of the smoker. You will want to cook at 240 for 3-4 hours.

You can use a grill or propane but make sure you have smoke, you may need to add more charcoal every so often to keep smoke flowing.

I basically do the same in my electric smoker, but I do not keep basting with oil and use Hickory chips. I only use this smoker:

This is a rooster, I happened to be smoking for dinner the day after this picture was taken. He is a Cornish crossed White Rock and it was very muddy out. He sure tasted good!
droolin.gif

I basically do the same in my electric smoker, but I do not keep basting with oil and use Hickory chips. I only use this smoker: This is a rooster, I happened to be smoking for dinner the day after this picture was taken. He is a Cornish crossed White Rock and it was very muddy out. He sure tasted good!:drool
:yuckyuck :gig LOL @ he sure tasted good. I bet!!!!!! I love that smoker. Someone was selling one on Craigslist a few weeks ago. I shoulda got it !!!!!!!!!!!!! :he

Back
Top Bottom