Smokey has parvo

It was almost 10 days before my poor boy was able to eat and keep food down. Glad to hear he's still with you!

He is still hanging in there, but its not looking good for him
sad.png

fl.gif
How many treatments with the medication has he had? My dog was taking too long to recover so they did a second treatment of the meds. He got better after that, but his appetite was gone. It took eating the turkey meat to finally stimulate his appetite.

Does he also have IV fluids?

Subcutaneous fluids are a MUST, yes. I pulled a pup from death's doorstep by giving tons of sub-q fluids, and TONS of TLC. I think the holding and nurturing aspect really does help pull them through.

As others have said, the virus does live on, and is very hearty. We bleached not only all surfaces of the house, but also bought a case of bleach and a pump sprayer (like for pesticides, etc) and bleached the entire yard. It did not hurt the grass and all of the other pups were just fine.

Good luck to you and Smokey. Give him tons of love.

If getting him to a Vet daily for Sub Q fluids isn't possible try a warm water enima. I have seen and helped save puppies from Parvo with enimas. The intestine is great at rehydrating the system and you can do it many times a day without harm to the dog.

Back
Top Bottom