Smokey pearl?

BeaLee

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2024
So got these cuties from tsc labeled as Easter eggers but quickly realized they did not seem to be that breed (I know it could be possible but seems unlikely lol) so I posted here and most seemed to think they may be leghorn, or California white. With more feathers coming in now I’ve started thinking they may actually be Smokey pearl from the pictures I’ve found but want other opinions. They’re mostly whitish, with random black spots and streaks but their necks are now coming in a grayish/tan color. They are SO friendly and social, love sitting in our laps or fly to our shoulders lol
IMG_7564.jpeg
IMG_7559.jpeg
IMG_7563.jpeg

Last edited:
Omg i have two exactly like that in my coop right now! These are also from tsc, also billed as EEs!
I thought they were particularly unattractive EEs as they look dirty to me. Also not fond of light- colored chickens around here. Too visible to the million hungry Mr. Biteys roaming the wood. They are very sweet natured though. I'm accustomed to the more vividly colored EEs. I had a lovely butter yellow gold one last year who simply died. One day fine, next morning, dead. No injuries or anything. She was a pet, sweet, trailing along behind me.
I think EEs are comprised of many different breeds and don't have a particular color, like welsummers or rhode islands. Basically mutts with some colored egg parentage.
Now i have to look it up again, thanks, lol

Omg i have two exactly like that in my coop right now! These are also from tsc, also billed as EEs!
I thought they were particularly unattractive EEs as they look dirty to me. Also not fond of light- colored chickens around here. Too visible to the million hungry Mr. Biteys roaming the wood. They are very sweet natured though. I'm accustomed to the more vividly colored EEs. I had a lovely butter yellow gold one last year who simply died. One day fine, next morning, dead. No injuries or anything. She was a pet, sweet, trailing along behind me.
I think EEs are comprised of many different breeds and don't have a particular color, like welsummers or rhode islands. Basically mutts with some colored egg parentage.
I'll get a picture as soon as the weather allows them outside again.

I saw a few posts in a couple chicken groups I’m in with very similar looking chicks that were also listed as EE haha. I know since they’re a mixed breed they could look like anything but I was surprised with them being so similar, it seems like most EEs start looking pretty different from each other early on so I started thinking maybe that’s not what they were. That’s how mine are too! They look kind of dirty and at first I wondered if I wasn’t cleaning their area enough 😂

I saw a few posts in a couple chicken groups I’m in with very similar looking chicks that were also listed as EE haha. I know since they’re a mixed breed they could look like anything but I was surprised with them being so similar, it seems like most EEs start looking pretty different from each other early on so I started thinking maybe that’s not what they were. That’s how mine are too! They look kind of dirty and at first I wondered if I wasn’t cleaning their area enough 😂
I know. I've wasted like two bales of hay thinking the first two were dirty or dusty bales, lol!

Back
Top Bottom