Snack or just food?

SquawkFlock

Chirping
May 11, 2020
Diana, Texas
So right now our chickens have to stay in the coop(still working on the run). Every morning when I go out to feed and water I pick a couple handfuls of weeds out of my garden for them while I'm working. But since I have guineas too I've been trying to train them with mealworms at bedtime so when they free-range hopefully they will come back. So my question is, is that too many "snacks" or are the weeds more of a suppliment? (I'm mostly giving them the "poorjoe" that grows in our watermelon patch)

Remember that they need grit if they have access to snacks other than chick starter. But especially for this 6 weeks and up I would say as much grass and weeds as they want is fine. Make sure it’s not longer than 2-3 inches because that can get impacted.

Remember that they need grit if they have access to snacks other than chick starter. But especially for this 6 weeks and up I would say as much grass and weeds as they want is fine. Make sure it’s not longer than 2-3 inches because that can get impacted.
I do offer grit but the coop has a dirt floor so they have that too.

Back
Top Bottom