1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SNAKE! -Graphic pic-

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by bayourouge, Jun 2, 2007.

1. bayourouge

bayourouge Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2007
    central Louisiana
    remember my "broody buddy" post? https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6569
    i went out to feed thursday afternoon and found about a 5 1/2 ft surprise and only one egg left. the hens were fine other than the fact they had lost their minds, lol. i dont have to worry about him anymore though.
    [​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

YIKES!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] What kind of snake WAS that??? Your poor hens! I bet they are frantic!

3. fowlweatherfriends

fowlweatherfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    The Sunny South
    I absolutely LOVE dead snake pics!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:

4. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Molly, my black lab, found a 5 ft. water snake in our backyard.

5. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I absolutely hate snakes! I thought there was one living under the coop once and I waited 7 days for my husband to get home to look. I moved the girls out until he got back and gave the all clear.

6. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    [​IMG] Hate snakes, hate them, can't stand them, don't like them, not here, not there... [​IMG]

Great job in taking care of it, glad the girls are OK (beauties, by the way, saw them on the other post).

7. missusduray

missusduray Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    EWWWWWWW! I would have freaked too. Then I am sure that I would have calmed down and cut its head off!!!! I am glad to see that you did the same thing. Poor ckickens! I hope that they recover fine. I am so glad that there are not many large snakes in northern minnesota. Garder snakes dont get that big. [​IMG]
    Kristyne

8. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    You might want to add "Graphic pic" to your subject line. That was pretty gruesome!

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Looks like a California King but I'm not so sure you would get them in your neck of the woods....
    Poor girls! They probably did loose their minds. At least they are OK.

10. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm glad you got that snake outta your way. Sorry bout your eggs. What kind of snake is that? I am going to have to keep my eyes open more in my coop as we live near a prairie dog town, and I know there is a Rattle snake den not too far away. I Hate snakes too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by