snake suggestions welcome here!

Blow out an egg and fill it with salt-----kills just the snake that's eating eggs. (Grandma's cure)

Quote:
A 410 w/ 000 shot or 9mm w/snake shot works well too. We have very large bull snakes here.
barnie.gif

I am terrribly afraid of snakes and have tried "snake away" with no success. Snakes seem to love to hide under our pool heater so I applied this product heavily to the entire area. To my dismay they slither right over it, even resting ontop of the powder. It is fairly expensive and must be frequently reapplied, (after a rain). I am going to try the salt eggs, the bird netting and any & all other ideas this board suggests. Sorry, if this offends the snake lovers.

I must admit I am ready to kill the bull snakes in our back yard. I posted a few days ago about a large bull snake trying to slither its way into our coop. Then another snake trying to get in our garage (where I had brooded my chickies). We have had bull snakes living in our backyard area for a few years. My theory was-- if you (the snake) don't bother me I won't bother you. I know they keep the mouse population down. I hate to kill anything unless absolutely necessary.

Now I have chickens and I have two large 3 and 4 ft long snakes trying to get in my coop and garage. Yesterday my son came to pick up his 3 month old granddaughter and in the middle of my sidewalk were the two snakes!!! Enough is enough - They will be history the next time they come near the house or coop.

Quote:
I have snakes everywhere this year we are in a drought and they are comming to my place for water, i have been seeing them in brad daylight out in the open and that is rare around here.
Anyhow my guines won't even eat a worm much less a snake but they sure let ya know when they are around.
DSC00076-1.jpg

My peacocks on the other hand were very intrested in the 3 foot snake they found yesterday but it was able to get away i thought sure one of them was gona peck it.

Well, it has been a month since I painted my roosts and nest boxes with the cinnamon and clove oil plus mixture. I have not found any more snakes in the nest boxes but I will continue to look before putting my hand in there again. Knock on wood!

Jane

Quote:
I saw that picture of the snake trap. What a horrible way for any animal to die, predator or not. See a snake caught in that netting and you will see my point exactly. If you want to kill it then just do it, don't make is suffer. All non venemous snakes around here get relocated and venemous ones "go away" without suffering.

Don't try this at home folks. I do have some experience with snakes.
smile.png

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg37/sandspoultry/misc/5-2010rattlesnake.jpg

Steve

Your so right Steve. What are we going to do when all the snakes are gone and we are over run with rats? I would rather co-exist with the snakes than be over run with rats.

Back
Top Bottom