Snake Trap Works

RoosterDon

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 19, 2014
Austin Texas
It is a minnow trap, the kind that has an inverted cone on both ends. I cut the smooth small circle off each end so the edges were jagged. Just trapped my first rat snake or chicken snake, a 4-5 footer.

In fact, I had given up on the traps and left the eggs in there so they were really old. So snakes don't necessarily detect old eggs from new ones.

Hope this helps some of you with snake problems.

No I didn't cut it at all. They can't seem to figure out how to get out of it. First time I put it out I caught 9 snakes in 3 weeks in my front garden beds.

No I didn't cut it at all. They can't seem to figure out how to get out of it. First time I put it out I caught 9 snakes in 3 weeks in my front garden beds.

Awesome...I am going to tell my mom about this contraption. I don't have snakes but she does!

Do the eggs have to be fresh? The only two snakes that went in my trap (that is just like this one) went after eggs that had been in the trap for maybe two weeks. I heard they will KNOW that eggs are bad, but this was not the case with mine.

I dont think it matters. Ive caught snakes with new eggs and old eggs. You have to remember though that not all snakes go for eggs. I have two milk snakes in my front yard that i cant catch. I've kind of grown fond of them, their names are Maggie and Marty.

I'm moving to rural Mississippi soon and I know there are snakes around where I will be moving. What is this trap called and where can I buy one?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom