Snake!!!

Unrelated to this topic but I think you should read this cause it is important (in my opinoin):
5parrots&zoo :

Do you think you would ever want to raise your own chicks? This is a hard call. I have a rooster that I saved from the stew pot. A friend at work was going to have him for dinner, and he was my first chicken. I have heard that if you want a rooster to run with the girls, you should have 10 to 12 hens. I have 7 hens, and I keep my rooster in a separate pen. I hope I am not making a frustrated old man out of him. But he has free range time almost every evening after I get home from work. I know life would be somewhat easier if I did not have him at all, but he is awfully pretty, and I do love the crowing, also. Plus, he is a big fellow, and my Ameracauna cross is only about half his size. Good luck!

You heard wrong. roosters love being with hens and 7 is plenty. He will lead them around and be happy as can be. You are doing more harm keeping them sepparate. My suggestion is to introduce him slowly and see what happens. We had one rooster and one hen for awhile and he was happy as could be. They are very social birds. Good luck!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
^^^^ LOL!

No, no, you grab them near the upper part of their body with it, lift them up then grab them by the tail, it keeps them from being able to easily twist around and bite you, and makes it easy to relocate them. You can slo pin them down by their head and grab them close to their head for safe handling. (NOT recommended unless you know it is non-venemous and are experienced in handling snakes.)

Sorry for the LOL, I work for an animal rescue and the idea of someone bopping a snake repeatedly in the head with a snake hook had me rolling around.

~Edited because my post popped up an a new page, needing a quote to make sense~

Last edited:
How big does a chick have to be before a snake cannot eat it? The size of a pigeon? The size of a robin? How large of an object can a skinny snake swallow?

lol no rat snake has ever gotten 10 foot and no rat snake can eat a full grown rir hen stop making up things please, the world record black rat snake is far below 10 feet.

I can promise you, you will not find a black rat snake longer than 6-7 feet in the wild today. 7 feet would be rare find.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom