Snakes Kill Chickens!

You MUST understand they have to eat! I love snakes even though they could kill my chickens, and I don't want them to freeze!
[/quote]

I like to eat, too. When a snake eats a chicken I was planning to eat, sorry but the snake dies.....

I love snakes, too. I have a corn snake as a pet.

You MUST understand they have to eat! I love snakes even though they could kill my chickens, and I don't want them to freeze!

I like to eat, too. When a snake eats a chicken I was planning to eat, sorry but the snake dies.....

I love snakes, too. I have a corn snake as a pet.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's just my opinion, snakes must eat and they don't know what you were going to eat.

Virginia snake strikes again! Found my 3 year BCM hen struggling to walk 3 days ago. Yesterday she couldn't walk at all. Researched to see if she had Mareks but decided no way. This morning a friend was over and by the long chicken run was a well decomposed 5+ foot black snake. Best guess is she was attacked and squeezed before the rest of the girls attacked the snake :D. All I can say is the flock absolutely feasted on snake that day.

Took her to my chiropractor this afternoon to check her out and see if she has any broken bones etc or if she might pull through if given time. He and his staff worked on her for 40 minutes over lunch hour even did laser therapy on her. I love these folks.

I think she might pull through. Right now she is just staying on her side all the time. She can't right herself up at all. It's still early and she'll be worth saving if we can. Biggest eggs I have ever seen from her.

I had a 4 foot rat snake kill one of my full grown chickens this morning. She must have been dead for a few hours because she had a lot of ants on her, and the snake was in the process of eating one of the eggs. Another chicken was trying to defend the eggs, but I saved her. Maybe that was what happened to the first chicken. We had to kill the snake so it wouldn't come back, but normally I have no issue with snakes. Will be using hardware cloth to reinforce the coop, it is already 3 feet off the ground.

I had a 4 foot rat snake kill one of my full grown chickens this morning. She must have been dead for a few hours because she had a lot of ants on her, and the snake was in the process of eating one of the eggs. Another chicken was trying to defend the eggs, but I saved her. Maybe that was what happened to the first chicken. We had to kill the snake so it wouldn't come back, but normally I have no issue with snakes. Will be using hardware cloth to reinforce the coop, it is already 3 feet off the ground.

Snakes can be tricky.

Also, all the snakes want is to eat, they have a stomach to feed too, you know. It's no different from us killing a chicken or a cow and eating it. We have a stomach to feed, so do they.

Back
Top Bottom