Snakes - Waaaaaay Too Many Snakes

Here's a mouse that tried getting into my coop.
63768_mice_getting_fryed_001.jpg

JK Farm, you can run an apron of hardware cloth (1/2 or 1/4) around the bottom of the tractor, when you move the tractor you will need to hold it out of the way and then when the tractor is in place lay it back out on the ground. You can use bricks or stones to hold it down.

In florida, a 16 foot python is killed - cut open - has a 76 pound deer inside, undigested

th.gif

I think the worst we've got in my area are water moccasins, copperheads, and a rumor of rattlesnakes. No 16 ft. pythons here. I think my husband would have a stroke if he saw a snake that big in our yard.​

Quote:
th.gif

I think the worst we've got in my area are water moccasins, copperheads, and a rumor of rattlesnakes. No 16 ft. pythons here. I think my husband would have a stroke if he saw a snake that big in our yard.

Same here, we've never had any terrible ones, here.

Quote:
That article is so biased, one-sided and full of flat out lies that it's pathetic!. Those snakes are a tropical species....they cannot "move farther north". One organization who supports a snake ban has even written that these snakes will "migrate as far north as Oregon". LOL Can't happen. If those snakes could live anywhere except the extreme southern portion of Florida, then where are the invasive populations of Burmese pythons in, say, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, etc.? Or are Florida snake keepers the only ones who release former pets into the wild?

As for how the snakes got there, it's a proven fact that it was Hurricane Andrew in 1992 that released 1,000s of baby Burmese pythons from an animal wholesaler....and not released pets, as to where these animals came from.

It's also been documented that all the snakes captured there so far are closely related DNA-wise....meaning they're from a small group .... just like ones that survived the 1992 storm. If they came from former pets, they would have a more diverse DNA and that hasn't been found.

As for there being 100,000 of them in the Everglades...that's another piece of fiction. What is the Everglades? It's a "sea of grass"...meaning it's mostly water. Burmese pythons can hunt in water but they do not and cannot live in water so that rules out 90% of ENP, meaning the snakes can only live on the edges of ENP. If there were 100,000 snakes there, living on the fringes of the park, why haven't they caught more than 418? I know why....Because they are grossly overinflating their numbers.

Last year's cold snap into the 30s killed 90% of the snakes in ENP, but you don't hear about that. A study in NC released 20 Burmese pythons into an outside enclosure....all 20 died last winter. They cannot live where temps drop below 70 degrees....it's a fact that every snake keeper knows very well, yet animal rights organizations, and the USGS, are putting out false information, using people's fear of snakes to further their own agendas.....If you don't know what the agenda of the animal rights' groups is, it's this: They want animals to have the same rights as humans.....meaning we cannot own animals, we cannot cage animals, we cannot eat animals, we cannot exploit animals such as chickens by eating their eggs, etc. and on and on ad nauseum. The USGS is putting out "studies" of complete fiction in order to secure their funding for the removal of the snakes.

As for this: In July, Jaren Hare and Charles "Jason" Darnell, a Florida couple, were found guilty in the death of Hare's 2-year-old daughter, Shaianna, The toddler was strangled in 2009 by a pet Burmese python that had escaped from its aquarium Those people murdered that child...not the snake. How do I know this? Because coroner reports stated that "the baby had bite marks all over its body". In the 20 years I've been keeping/breeding snakes, I have fed literally 1,000s of Burmese pythons....and many, many other constricting snakes that eat just like the Burmese .... and not ONE single animal I've fed has bitten it's prey more than once. They bite, coil, suffocate, eat...end of story. They don't bite in one spot, then release and bite another spot, then another. That couple somehow killed their baby and then taunted the snake with the baby's lifeless body to get the snake to bite it over and over thus creating an alibi for them and getting them a reduced sentence to manslaughter with only 12 years in prison instead of a possible murder conviction and a life sentence and/or the death penalty.

Back
Top Bottom