Sneaky buttons!!

Quote:
They already had a nest! One of them for sure is burying the eggs in the shavings! I have heard that they do that when they are getting ready. All the buttons seem to lay in the same spot, but if I hadn't moved the shavings around, I wouldn't have known these eggs were there!

Quote:
They already had a nest! One of them for sure is burying the eggs in the shavings! I have heard that they do that when they are getting ready. All the buttons seem to lay in the same spot, but if I hadn't moved the shavings around, I wouldn't have known these eggs were there!

okay, did u leave the eggs there?

I would get them into pairs and see what happens I let mine keep their eggs if they lay in a nest. But don't be confused by just laying in one spot they like to do that a nest will look like "a nest". Buttons like to be in pairs. The single guys should be okay with no girls. If one goes to set the nest only feed and water or you could upset her and she will abandoned the nest. You also have to keep an eye on them some will set for awhile and get bored with it! I cage mine in 90qt storage bins a idea I got from BQH works great and is cheap I just picked new one at walmart 12.95. Cut out the lid and put fiberglass screen in it I can send you a picture if you like.
Best of luck I have a mama with 5 babies it is to cute to watch!

Quote:

No, I had already moved the house, and I need those eggs for an order. Plus there are too many buttons in that cage right now for any hen to safely sit the eggs. I'm sure she would leave the nest. I'll have to wait till I can get them seperated, but it would be neat!

Quote:

No, I had already moved the house, and I need those eggs for an order. Plus there are too many buttons in that cage right now for any hen to safely sit the eggs. I'm sure she would leave the nest. I'll have to wait till I can get them seperated, but it would be neat!

do what citalk2much did and seperate them if thats not what you were already planning on doing, and good luck

Back
Top Bottom