Sneaky little roo!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
From the time my two roos became mature, Zeus (my alpha) has had all the "fun" while Thor, his subordinate, was kept from it by Zeus. I really started to feel sorry for Thor because he seemed to always be on the sidelines when they were all out free-ranging.

Somehow over the last few days Thor figured out that the hens were going back to the coop to lay while the others were out. Now he doesn't hardly free-range with the others at all. He just waits by the coop door and catches the hens when they come out and Zeus is nowhere around to stop him.

Sneaky little booger!
gig.gif

LOL... too funny. My alpha hen.. whom is broody, attacks our rooster if she sees him on one of the pullets when she is off her nest eating. Jealous?

YEP, when it comes to "love" if there is a will there is a way.
I have rooster who spends most of his time in the coop for the same reason:hugs

Hey, gritsar - I have the same situation at my place! I've got 2 roos that are breeding now, and the lower pecking order one waits inside the barn pen for the girls to come in & lay! I'm getting worried that the girls are going to find another place to lay!

Quote:
I dunno. My hens are pretty attached to their nest boxes. Also, I've started to call my hens the little husseys. The ones that are already laying merely have to see a roo looking at them and they go into an automatic squat, holding their wings out for the roos to steady themselves on. Tramps I tell ya! And they were such good little girls, brought up in a good home and all.
roll.png

Quote:
Whoops, sowwy. :|
Tell your boss to relax. Chickens are wayyyy more important than work. P.S. I can say this because I'm now officially retired.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom