Sneezing and wheezing even after antibiotics

kristeemorris

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 25, 2013
Help, I have a 5 year old hen that sneezes or coughs every few minutes. I have tried antibiotics to no avail.
What else will can I try?
Do hens get Congestive heart failure? Emphysema?

Sneezing could be a virus called infectious bronchitis. It can last for 4-5 weeks, and the virus can spread throught the flock. It does not respind to antibiotics.
Chickens also can sneeze due to other things like dust in feed or in the coop. I doubt that it is congestive heart failure or emphysema. Sorry that she is sick.

Sneezing could be a virus called infectious bronchitis. It can last for 4-5 weeks, and the virus can spread throught the flock. It does not respind to antibiotics.
Chickens also can sneeze due to other things like dust in feed or in the coop. I doubt that it is congestive heart failure or emphysema. Sorry that she is sick.
don't know about chickens but when my duck started sneezing it was because of dust which he got rid of after bathing.

Thanks for the responses.
She has been doing this for months. Had her to the vet and she thought respiratory infection. None of the other chickens are sick and I have 23. I went to tractor suppply and looked for a low dust bedding, I hope that helps.

She has been doing this for months. Had her to the vet and she thought respiratory infection. None of the other chickens are sick and I have 23. I went to tractor suppply and looked for a low dust bedding, I hope that helps.
good luck hope it works too

She may just be sensitive to something in the coop or outside. Respiratory diseases are usually contagious and con be chronic or come back again. Since your others are all fine, I wouldn’t worry too much. Mold can cause a chronic disease called aspergillosis.

Back
Top Bottom