sneezing chicken

Two of my chicks is also "sneezing" and at times shaking their heads. I put the whole lot of them on a treatment of terramycin for two weeks. I could note a huge improvement after 8 days. Here in SA it is like a golden rule to give your chickens a two week treatment of terramycin every six months or so. The results is very positive.
wink.png

Regards, Albert

I have a white silky bantom that is about 1 year old. About a week ago I notice that she has been shaking her head quite often. Sometimes she shakes her head when it's silent and sometimes when I make a high pitch noise. She was sneezing about a month ago, but that went away. I have noticed that she has been scratching her head more often than usual. I do bathe her 1xwk so I thought that maybe she had water in her ears. I hope so!!!

We have 16 chickens, 13 of which are about 5 months old, 3 are 7/8 months old. One of our RIR's is the most hen-pecked and not as big as the other one. She also has a runny nose. I have put the whole group on the chicken med, Terramcyn(?) every day for about 2 weeks. Several of them are sneezing and the RIR seems just about the same. The other peculiar thing she does is, to just stand and stare or stand and close her eyes-this is when they are free-ranging. She is very timid due to the early pecking thing, but I try to protect her as much as possible. She doesn't look as good as the rest, but she eats a lot when I separate her. But the staring and snotty nose bother me the most. Anyone have any ideas about any of this?
bow.gif
:he

i have 4 pullets and they are sneezing now and then id say a few times a day but no runny noses and the poo looks normal. no shaking either but one of them did have a wet sneeze once. i look for runny noses etc all the time and don't see them. should i be concerned about my new pullets or does that sound like normal chicken stuff? should i try those vitamins? are they too small for that they are 3 weeks old. thanks

I have 3 hens outside in their coop. One came down with the sneezing and a cough. A week or so later the second one came down with sneezes. Its been three weeks or so now. I started them on an antibiotoc, tetra-something, after homopathic remedys did NOT work.(like the kale & olive oil with garlic) its been 4 or5 days now and its a little better but not really?any help anyone?

Back
Top Bottom