Sneezing/Coughing Bantam WHAT DO I DO? (Video included)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sabias5, Sep 29, 2011.

1. sabias5

sabias5 Out Of The Brooder

Please help. My chicken keeps sneezing or coughing. It sounds really weird or like she has something stuck in her throat :S I'm afraid that she does and I don't know what to do about it. She's been living inside for about a week, could this be a problem?

Here's a video of what she's doing:

It happens quite frequently about every minute or so [​IMG]

2. sabias5

please help. she's outside now and sunbathing. she seems fine other than the sneeszing, should i be worried :S

3. Fiddlehead

Fiddlehead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Western Mass
    I will be interested to know what is ailing your chicken, good luck, its a cutie!

4. sabias5

thankyou (^_^) she definitely is. It's s weird, she's acting absolutely fine other than the sneezing [​IMG]

5. sabias5

anyone have any ideas??? She's still doing it tonight [​IMG] I don't wanna lose her [​IMG]

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Could this be gape worm? [​IMG]

I would definitely isolate her from the others until you figure it out.. Don't want your other chickens to catch what she has. She is beautiful though.

7. nellie821

nellie821 New Egg

Sep 3, 2011
    Quote:Try miinced garlic mixed with high protein chick feed and cracked corn, also squeeze a lemon in their water and be sure to separate them and treat them individually. Good luck![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by